Home » Social Media
Category Archives: Social Media
The Clean Air Council of Southwestern PA is looking for interns! All interns will have the opportunity to learn about issues impacting western Pennsylvania’s environment; how to be a community organizer and build an advocacy base of operation; methods for recruiting and training volunteers; skills in developing relationships with a diverse populations; strategic planning; communications; partnering with other individuals and organizations; the ins and outs of non-profits; time management; how to find motivation and build power. The internships are non-paying positions and voluntary but interns will receive direct support and guidance in all aspects of community engagement.
Entering advocacy data into our database.
One on One meetings with new advocates.
Take a leadership role on a County Action Team.
Responsible for creating, managing and the development of specific projects.
Advancing social media skills of the SWPA office.
Planning and strategy development.
Teaching others the issues impacting pollution in SWPA.
Conduct briefings with advocates.
Research issues and organizations.
Attend Board of Health, Township and Borough Supervisors meetings.
Find venues for recruiting diverse advocates and making presentations, within
comfort zone and delivering presentations to groups on the environmental impact
Managing social media.
Taking charge of a specific project for the length of the inttership.
Skill Set Needed:
Passion for the environment.
Strong communication tools.
Eager to learn and enjoys working.
Organizing and diplomacy strengths.
Capable of handling multiple projects.
Good personal and phone presence.
Public speaking skills.
Knowledge or willingness to learn environmental issues well enough to address
them with individuals and groups.
Energized by community organizing and project advancement.
KinetiGear LLC (dba BoXZY) is the startup developer of BoXZY, the Rapid-Change FabLab. BoXZY provides users, ranging from novice hobbyist to seasoned professional, with three powerful functions in a single tool of industrial-grade strength. BoXZY utilizes interchangeable attachment heads to rapidly transform into three different machines: CNC Mill, 3D Printer and Laser Engraver, with enhanced precision & power. BoXZY is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
As a BoXZY intern, you will experience the day-to-day at a fast-paced, innovative startup. You will be expected to work hard, present yourself professionally, and to complete training assignments in a timely manner. You’ll work closely with our dynamic team to develop your professional skills and to learn to solve problems with creativity and communication. This internship is located on-site at BoXZY’s TechShop office in Pittsburgh’s Bakery Square and at its production facility at 7800 Susquehanna St. in Homewood. ($9/hour) and part-time
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Writing.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
- Should be a “people person” who enjoys staying current and abreast of latest trends, especially relating to technology.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment.
- Learn and become comfortable with the BoXZY brand, and develop effective communication strategies around it.
- Utilize social media to build and engage with a community of fans/followers online by posting frequently across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Create and manage social media content schedule.
- Create engaging content to accompany posts, including video content, images, relevant news and links, maker projects, etc.
- Assist with email campaigns, newsletter, and online promotions, as needed.
- Attend and assist with occasional special events, and create social media content for them.
- Research and analyze competitor social media strategy and digital marketing.
Questions can be directed to:
The mission of the Western PA Disability History and Action Consortium is to preserve and honor the historic struggle of Western Pennsylvanians with disabilities to attain human and civil rights. The Consortium educates the public about disability history in order to improve community access, participation and equal opportunity, and to ensure disability rights through existing and new policies and laws.
Communications Manager (contractor position)
Begins March 1, 2017
Ends August 1, 2017
Up to 15 hours per month
Reports to Project Director
Responsibilities of the Communications Manager:
- Updates and maintains the Consortium website (training on WordPress to be provided)
- Updates and maintains key communications documents (website files, press releases, fact sheets, brochure, photos, letterhead, etc.)
- Develops and writes monthly blog post for website.
- Writes, edits and proofreads press releases, reports, letters and other documents as directed.
- Communicates news to Consortium steering committee and advisory committee as directed.
- Maintains Consortium’s social media presence through Facebook and blog posts.
- Promotes coverage of Consortium’s efforts in traditional media (newspapers, newsletters, TV, radio)
- Maintains supply of Consortium brochures and implements distribution.
- Acts as spokesperson for Consortium in news media and in other contexts.
- Coordinates approval process for statements made on behalf of the Consortium.
Ideal candidate for this position will have:
-Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills.
-Experience in sustaining social media presence for a project or organization.
-Experience in traditional media relations.
-Interest in or experience with disability rights advocacy.
-Ability to supervise clerical, design, and related contractors.
For information, contact Tina Calabro, 412-818-9169, email@example.com
Internship opportunity for Summer 2017
ZeusWolf is an insightful, cool site that is emerging into a household Hip Hop name. We’re a publication that offers interviews, op-ed pieces, articles, new music, concerts, original content, and more. We’ve worked with well-known artists, have had viral Facebook success, and continue to grow daily.
They would love to offer credit to students for writing submissions. This would be a great opportunity for journalism/communication students to get real world experience at a growing publication, and to receive a level of autonomy unobtainable by bigger websites.
Frankie DiCarlantonio a candidate for public office for a city-wide position in City of Steubenville, Ohio is looking for a student who would be able to work in a remote location for this internship and would work in forms of communications for the campaign including social media management, public position comments, media management, fundraising communication, and many other forms as well. About 75 percent of the job can be done at any time that is good for the candidate while the other 25 percent would have to be done during the business day. As long as the student has access to a computer, an internet connection, and a phone – he or she will be able to do the job.
The internship would be unpaid and would need 15 to 20 hours per week to complete.
Students are welcome to contact him with their application.
Frank DiCarlantonio III, CMP, MCMI
Mayoral Candidate, City of Steubenville
Director of Business Operations, Scaffidi Restaurant Group
Office: 1-740-314-5233 X200