Home » Social Media
Category Archives: Social Media
KinetiGear LLC (dba BoXZY) is the startup developer of BoXZY, the Rapid-Change FabLab. BoXZY provides users, ranging from novice hobbyist to seasoned professional, with three powerful functions in a single tool of industrial-grade strength. BoXZY utilizes interchangeable attachment heads to rapidly transform into three different machines: CNC Mill, 3D Printer and Laser Engraver, with enhanced precision & power. BoXZY is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
As a BoXZY intern, you will experience the day-to-day at a fast-paced, innovative startup. You will be expected to work hard, present yourself professionally, and to complete training assignments in a timely manner. You’ll work closely with our dynamic team to develop your professional skills and to learn to solve problems with creativity and communication. This internship is located on-site at BoXZY’s TechShop office in Pittsburgh’s Bakery Square and at its production facility at 7800 Susquehanna St. in Homewood. ($9/hour) and part-time
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Writing.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
- Should be a “people person” who enjoys staying current and abreast of latest trends, especially relating to technology.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment.
- Learn and become comfortable with the BoXZY brand, and develop effective communication strategies around it.
- Utilize social media to build and engage with a community of fans/followers online by posting frequently across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Create and manage social media content schedule.
- Create engaging content to accompany posts, including video content, images, relevant news and links, maker projects, etc.
- Assist with email campaigns, newsletter, and online promotions, as needed.
- Attend and assist with occasional special events, and create social media content for them.
- Research and analyze competitor social media strategy and digital marketing.
Questions can be directed to:
The mission of the Western PA Disability History and Action Consortium is to preserve and honor the historic struggle of Western Pennsylvanians with disabilities to attain human and civil rights. The Consortium educates the public about disability history in order to improve community access, participation and equal opportunity, and to ensure disability rights through existing and new policies and laws.
Communications Manager (contractor position)
Begins March 1, 2017
Ends August 1, 2017
Up to 15 hours per month
Reports to Project Director
Responsibilities of the Communications Manager:
- Updates and maintains the Consortium website (training on WordPress to be provided)
- Updates and maintains key communications documents (website files, press releases, fact sheets, brochure, photos, letterhead, etc.)
- Develops and writes monthly blog post for website.
- Writes, edits and proofreads press releases, reports, letters and other documents as directed.
- Communicates news to Consortium steering committee and advisory committee as directed.
- Maintains Consortium’s social media presence through Facebook and blog posts.
- Promotes coverage of Consortium’s efforts in traditional media (newspapers, newsletters, TV, radio)
- Maintains supply of Consortium brochures and implements distribution.
- Acts as spokesperson for Consortium in news media and in other contexts.
- Coordinates approval process for statements made on behalf of the Consortium.
Ideal candidate for this position will have:
-Excellent writing, speaking, and organizational skills.
-Experience in sustaining social media presence for a project or organization.
-Experience in traditional media relations.
-Interest in or experience with disability rights advocacy.
-Ability to supervise clerical, design, and related contractors.
For information, contact Tina Calabro, 412-818-9169, email@example.com
Internship opportunity for Summer 2017
ZeusWolf is an insightful, cool site that is emerging into a household Hip Hop name. We’re a publication that offers interviews, op-ed pieces, articles, new music, concerts, original content, and more. We’ve worked with well-known artists, have had viral Facebook success, and continue to grow daily.
They would love to offer credit to students for writing submissions. This would be a great opportunity for journalism/communication students to get real world experience at a growing publication, and to receive a level of autonomy unobtainable by bigger websites.
Frankie DiCarlantonio a candidate for public office for a city-wide position in City of Steubenville, Ohio is looking for a student who would be able to work in a remote location for this internship and would work in forms of communications for the campaign including social media management, public position comments, media management, fundraising communication, and many other forms as well. About 75 percent of the job can be done at any time that is good for the candidate while the other 25 percent would have to be done during the business day. As long as the student has access to a computer, an internet connection, and a phone – he or she will be able to do the job.
The internship would be unpaid and would need 15 to 20 hours per week to complete.
Students are welcome to contact him with their application.
Frank DiCarlantonio III, CMP, MCMI
Mayoral Candidate, City of Steubenville
Director of Business Operations, Scaffidi Restaurant Group
Office: 1-740-314-5233 X200
Dunk360.com, a growing sports media site that is looking to expand its reach into collegiate athletics. As part of this expansion, we are looking to build a network of college correspondents who can contribute content to our platform – not just for college sports, but also for professional sports and related fashion/entertainment subjects (i.e. sneaker culture).
This is a chance for future sportswriters and those who are simply interested in the sports culture to gain experience and have their work published on a site that already has more than a million views per month. The application process is open to all, and the writing can be small fun blurbs, memes or longer writings. This is an opportunity to gain experience as a writer, but the opportunity is far greater than just that. We offer our interns the opportunity to produce podcasts, create video content, and to learn how to promote their work through search engine optimization and social media outreach. It will be up to you what you write, but we will of course have final approval. This batch of writers and or interns are for the fall semester, so while the internship is unpaid, there is an opportunity to receive school credit as long as the requirements fall within the parameters set by your school. For interns, there will be a video interview and a writing sample submission before acceptance.
For those looking to get into the sports media, this is an opportunity to experience all aspects of sports coverage, gain exposure, and hopefully find their niche in the industry. All with interest should feel free to apply, this position is not limited to journalism majors, but writing experience is a plus. The workload, again, depends on how many of the site’s projects the individual is looking to work on, but at a minimum, we’re asking our interns to submit one or two pieces of content per week.
Anyone who is interested in the position, or has any questions, please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.