Home » Radio & Broadcasting
Category Archives: Radio & Broadcasting
WQED Multimedia is currently seeking qualified candidates to take advantage of an exciting new opportunity. The NextGeneration Fellowship is a training program that seeks to enhance the skill set of individuals by providing actual working experience for emerging creators. Four Fellows per year will participate in the training program in which they will learn about the editorial and production processes; create and execute an engagement plan; and solicit content produced by media makers throughout the community.
We currently have two excellent Fellows who will be wrapping up their work in September. At that time, we will bring on board two new Fellows to continue the year-long project. We are actively in the process of searching for those two new dynamic individuals.
- Individuals must be at least 20 years old.
- Individuals must be from the city of Pittsburgh.
- Individuals with a background in communications, journalism, broadcasting, production or media studies are preferred.
- Individuals with experience using video and editing equipment are preferred.
- Individuals will be required to work at least 400 hours and will receive a stipend during their stay.
- Individuals must have their own transportation to and from WQED and story shoots.
- During the program, Fellows will learn about the editorial process, develop, research, write, shoot, edit, and promote productions.
- All equipment will be provided by WQED.
- Fellows will learn how to create and execute engagement plans to extend the life and relevance of their productions and to connect with other media makers in the community.
- Work will be supervised by WQED media professionals assigned specifically to manage this program.
- Productions created by the students will be distributed through wqed.org, offered to PCTV and will be shown at screening events.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
Attn: Maria Kakay
4802 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213
2005 South Queen Street
York, PA 17403
Attn: College Juniors and Seniors
We’re looking for interns!
WPMT-FOX43 News based in York, Pennsylvania is currently accepting internship applications for the Summer 2015 semester. We have a variety of internship opportunities available for currently enrolled college juniors and seniors, 18 years of age or older, pursuing careers in television, broadcasting, journalism and other related fields.
Candidates must be available at least 20 hours per week. Interns must be highly organized, self-starting individuals who have a nose for news, along with sharp and quick writing skills.
You also must be able to work quickly, efficiently and without much supervision.
This position is unpaid, and candidates must be currently enrolled in college to apply. Our objective is to enhance the student’s understanding of the broadcasting business, production systems and to reinforce their desire to further pursue a career in broadcasting.
To apply, email a cover letter that clearly outlines your availability and interests, a resume, and three clips or writing samples to email@example.com . Please use the subject line “FOX43 Internship.”
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2015
In order to apply for an internship with WPMT, you must submit the following:
- One copy of your resume outlining any other internships, certifications, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter which must include:
- Personal introduction
- Department you would like to intern for ( i.e. Reporter, Photographer, Producer, Video Editor, Director)
- Statement verifying eligibility to receive school credit for internship
- Your schools beginning and end dates for the semester during which you wish to intern
- Days and times available during internship period
While students who enter this program should not expect immediate employment with our station, they will have the prerequisite skills to acquire an entry-level position in the broadcasting field.
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIPS AT FOX43:
- Students will get the opportunity to see how a Newscast is created for broadcast.
- With that in mind, all interested applicants should have a vast knowledge of all current events.
- The intern will work a rotating schedule that will allow them to experience in-house and field tasks, that includes, but is not limited to, assignment desk assistance, general assignment reporter shadow, and writer/producer shadow.
- Selected Interns will have the opportunity to be assigned to a particular division within the News Department (i.e, Reporting, Producing, Writing, Video Editing, Shooting)
- At the end of the internship, the student should be able to conduct an interview, write a story and package, and facilitate story leads for possible assignments.
Note: FOX43 reserves the right NOT to accept any incomplete applications. FOX43 will NOT contact any applicant if any portion of the application is missing
BusinessWeek ranked the Walt Disney Company (parent company of ESPN/ABC) as one of the top companies to start your career, it also ranked Disney #11 on internship opportunities for undergraduates. Disney was ranked No. 7 in Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Most Desirable MBA Employers. Boston College’s Carroll School of Management has Disney topping the list of 50 companies recognized as leaders in corporate social responsibility. DiversityInc named Disney as one of the top 50 companies for diversity.
Interns are hired for the Spring, Summer and Fall college terms. The internship is a non-paid internship and must be taken for college credit. Clear Channel Radio Pittsburgh broadcasts the following stations:
*105.9 The X
*104.7 FM Newstalk
Please note that by submitting your information, it is for all stations. You do not need to submit the same information for each station that you are interested in. Interns are currently needed in the following departments:
Internships!!!! Come one, come all. Looking for a great work experience?
Founded in 2003, Industry Weapon’s mission is to simplify digital media communications for non- technical users. For the past few years Industry Weapon has been successfully providing its digital signage technology to companies throughout the world by utilizing its cloud-based platform known as CommandCenterHD. Industry Weapon’s simplistic approach to the design, scheduling and deployment of digital signage is now being expanded to mobile and IP phones.