Home » Promotions and Production
Category Archives: Promotions and Production
WQED Multimedia is currently seeking qualified candidates to take advantage of an exciting new opportunity. The NextGeneration Fellowship is a training program that seeks to enhance the skill set of individuals by providing actual working experience for emerging creators. Four Fellows per year will participate in the training program in which they will learn about the editorial and production processes; create and execute an engagement plan; and solicit content produced by media makers throughout the community.
We currently have two excellent Fellows who will be wrapping up their work in September. At that time, we will bring on board two new Fellows to continue the year-long project. We are actively in the process of searching for those two new dynamic individuals.
- Individuals must be at least 20 years old.
- Individuals must be from the city of Pittsburgh.
- Individuals with a background in communications, journalism, broadcasting, production or media studies are preferred.
- Individuals with experience using video and editing equipment are preferred.
- Individuals will be required to work at least 400 hours and will receive a stipend during their stay.
- Individuals must have their own transportation to and from WQED and story shoots.
- During the program, Fellows will learn about the editorial process, develop, research, write, shoot, edit, and promote productions.
- All equipment will be provided by WQED.
- Fellows will learn how to create and execute engagement plans to extend the life and relevance of their productions and to connect with other media makers in the community.
- Work will be supervised by WQED media professionals assigned specifically to manage this program.
- Productions created by the students will be distributed through wqed.org, offered to PCTV and will be shown at screening events.
Interested applicants should email cover letter, resume and one letter of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail to:
Attn: Maria Kakay
4802 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213
The National Aviary is looking for a Junior or Senior Communication major to serve as a marketing and communication intern. This unpaid internship would give you the opportunity to work in a variety of offices at the National Aviary, including event planning, marketing, customer/guest services, and communications.
The National Aviary takes interns in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
For more information, please see http://www.aviary.org/Internships?utm_source=hootsuite
A television production company, based in Philadelphia, is looking for several Spring interns to work on the Great American Country network (GAC). The network will begin filming Season 2 of the program Farm Kings, during the end of January or in early February. This unique program is about a family of 9 brothers and their 1 sister working together on the family farm, in Butler, PA, while working day-in and day-out in order to have a successful harvest.
The interns would be earning college credit as they work on the television program, in Butler, throughout this spring semester. They would be assisting the production of Farm Kings and complete many duties that would help move along the process of filming the program.
For more information, please contact:
Center City Film & Video/Stage 3 Productions
1503 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102