Home » Multimedia
Category Archives: Multimedia
The Carnegie Mellon International Film Festival is going on its 13th season. Each year, our interns help put on the only international film festival in Pittsburgh, featuring two weeks of global, socially conscious films. The festival also includes Q&As and workshops with featured directors. To learn more about our festival, please visit our website here.
We offer a variety of internships that will help students build valuable & relevant skills. Whether working on programming, marketing, development, or event coordination, each intern gets the opportunity for hands on involvement at a festival & arts nonprofit. A full list and descriptions of our internship positions can be found here.
Interested students can email their resumes (and any requested portfolio samples) to the festival’s director, Jolanta Lion at email@example.com. If students have any questions, they can email Jolanta or myself (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
Pitt’s Athletics Department is hiring media relations interns! They hire new interns every term, so please apply if you are interested. Intern requirements:
Have a general sports knowledge
· Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
· Photoshop and InDesign are desired, but not required
· Ability to work 15-20 hours in the office, in addition to week-end sporting events
Please apply to
Media Relations Coordinator
Petersen Events Center|3719 Terrace Street
Room #2087| Pittsburgh, PA 15261
office: (412) 648-8240
Woodville Plantation is a c.1775 plantation home built and owned by John Neville,
Neville was a Federal Tax Collector during the Whiskey Rebellion. The home
served as a fully functioning plantation during the occupation of the Nevilles. The
home was sold to the Cowan family in 1815, who made most of the changes to the
home. It passed, through marriage, to the Wrenshall then Faucet families. In 1975
the home came into the possession of the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks
Foundation and the Neville House Associates Inc. was formed to manage the day
to day operation of the house. The Neville House Associates, Inc. took over
ownership of the home in 2007. The home operates as a historic house museum
interpreting the history of the Whiskey Rebellion and early American life in
Woodville Plantation is seeking a Digital Media intern to rebuild our website and
assess our digital presence. The ideal candidate would have the ability to design a
new website using WordPress for the plantation as well as Wayne’s Legion, the
reenactment group associated with the site.
Please submit a letter of interest which includes any relevant experience to
email@example.com Be advised that we will be requesting a portfolio
to review if you are selected to move forward with the process.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) located in South Park Township has an opening for a full time entry level communication specialist. The candidate must be a self starter, a team player, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
A bachelor’s degree in English or Communication is required. The position involves assisting the senior health communication specialists develop messaging, proofread and edit scientific manuscripts, prepare conference materials and a wide variety of other duties.
The salary for this position is $34,000. Candidates should submit their resume to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the attached flyer for more information!
Follow the link to the WESA internship opportunity:
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 200 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our 2016 Fall internship. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment at the company’s global headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh. You will have the opportunity to gain important experience in working with the team that oversees corporate reputation management activities and brand-building efforts, including internal and external communications, community affairs, advertising and marketing, and social media engagement.
The right candidate will be eager to expand their knowledge and skill set with hands-on experience working with an integrated group of professionals. This is a paid internship.
Under supervision of the Corporate and Government Affairs team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Preparing written materials (press releases, FAQ sheets, letters, memos, etc.)
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports
- Compiling media lists and distributing news releases
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Assist in production of events
- Helping with community engagement activities
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Comfortable talking on the phone with media, colleagues, community stakeholders, and vendors
- Familiarity with media database tools a plus, but not required
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume to:
Larry R. O’Reilly
Sr. Manager, Employee Communications
Corporate & Government Affairs
One PPG Place, 36th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15272
T: (412) 434-2540