Home » Government

Category Archives: Government

Office of Frankie DiCarlantonio

Frankie DiCarlantonio a candidate for public office for a city-wide position in City of Steubenville, Ohio is looking for a student who would be able to work in a remote location for this internship and would work in forms of communications for the campaign including social media management, public position comments, media management, fundraising communication, and many other forms as well. About 75 percent of the job can be done at any time that is good for the candidate while the other 25 percent would have to be done during the business day. As long as the student has access to a computer, an internet connection, and a phone – he or she will be able to do the job.

The internship would be unpaid and would need 15 to 20 hours per week to complete.
Students are welcome to contact him with their application.

Frank DiCarlantonio III, CMP, MCMI
Mayoral Candidate, City of Steubenville
Director of Business Operations, Scaffidi Restaurant Group
frank@frankdicarlantonio.com
Mobile: 1-740-381-6053
Office: 1-740-314-5233 X200

Facebook page

Advertisements

Pennsylvania Legislative Correspondents Association — Paid Summer Internship

The Pennsylvania Legislative Correspondents’ Association offers a summer internship program at the state Capitol in Harrisburg, Pa.

The 10-week program for two interns consists of rotations at the following publications: The Allentown Morning Call, Capitolwire.com, LNP Media Group, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Pennlive/Patriot-News.

Interns will assist reporters covering the state budget and report on committee hearings and other political and policy stories in a fast-paced news environment. Interns are expected to pitch their own ideas as well as take assignments on a variety of subjects. Depending on assignment, interns may be required to shoot videos and photos with their phones or other equipment. We are seeking candidates who can produce their own stories, whether writing quickly for the web on a breaking news event or turning around longer enterprise pieces.

Applicants should be college juniors or seniors or graduate students.

Start dates are flexible, but interns are expected to complete the full 10-week program, working five days a week except for July 4. Occasional evening or weekend work may be necessary.

Pay is $500 per week. Interns are expected to provide their own laptops and cell phones. (A small stipend will be provided to offset phone costs.)

Preference is given to students who plan to pursue a career in journalism covering politics and government, though former interns have gone on to cover a wide array of beats at news organizations around the country.

The deadline to apply for the 2017 summer internship is Feb. 15.

Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and six-to-eight published clips to internship coordinator Karen Langley @ klangley@post-gazette.com.

http://www.palegislativecorrespondents.org/internship/

National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) Internship — Paid!

The National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory (NPPTL) is recruiting for a communication intern to work. The NPPTL is a federal agency and part of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). NPPTL’s mission is to prevent work-related injury, illness, and death by advancing the state-of-knowledge and application of personal protective technologies. The work of the laboratory addresses reducing exposure to inhalation hazards, dermal hazards, and injury hazards with respiratory protection being the cornerstone of NPPTL’s activities.

DUTIES:  The intern will serve in a developmental capacity to support the senior health communication specialist in document development, reviewing and editing manuscripts and presentations. Other duties may include supporting webinars and video production.

QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in English or Communication.

Experience with Adobe products and video creation a plus.

SALARY: $32,563 per year. Benefits are NOT available for this position.

Appointment is for full time employment, not to exceed three years.

TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION: Email resume to jcoyne@cdc.gov