Home » event planning
Category Archives: event planning
Bike Pittsburgh is currently seeking a Women’s Events Marketing Intern to join our team in spring 2018. This intern will develop blog posts and social media content related to women’s events such as coffee meetups, happy hours, and group rides. The intern will also assist the Outreach & Membership Director in planning for the 5th Annual Women & Biking Forum. The full position description is available online at bikepgh.org/internships.
If you wouldn’t mind sharing this opportunity with your students, I would greatly appreciate it. Those who are interested in applying should send a cover letter and resume to Sarah Quinn at email@example.com.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 200 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our 2016 Fall internship. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment at the company’s global headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh. You will have the opportunity to gain important experience in working with the team that oversees corporate reputation management activities and brand-building efforts, including internal and external communications, community affairs, advertising and marketing, and social media engagement.
The right candidate will be eager to expand their knowledge and skill set with hands-on experience working with an integrated group of professionals. This is a paid internship.
Under supervision of the Corporate and Government Affairs team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Preparing written materials (press releases, FAQ sheets, letters, memos, etc.)
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports
- Compiling media lists and distributing news releases
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Assist in production of events
- Helping with community engagement activities
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Comfortable talking on the phone with media, colleagues, community stakeholders, and vendors
- Familiarity with media database tools a plus, but not required
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume to:
Larry R. O’Reilly
Sr. Manager, Employee Communications
Corporate & Government Affairs
One PPG Place, 36th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15272
T: (412) 434-2540