Home » Entertainment
Category Archives: Entertainment
Follow the link to the WESA internship opportunity:
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 200 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our 2016 Fall internship. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment at the company’s global headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh. You will have the opportunity to gain important experience in working with the team that oversees corporate reputation management activities and brand-building efforts, including internal and external communications, community affairs, advertising and marketing, and social media engagement.
The right candidate will be eager to expand their knowledge and skill set with hands-on experience working with an integrated group of professionals. This is a paid internship.
Under supervision of the Corporate and Government Affairs team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Preparing written materials (press releases, FAQ sheets, letters, memos, etc.)
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports
- Compiling media lists and distributing news releases
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Assist in production of events
- Helping with community engagement activities
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Comfortable talking on the phone with media, colleagues, community stakeholders, and vendors
- Familiarity with media database tools a plus, but not required
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume to:
Larry R. O’Reilly
Sr. Manager, Employee Communications
Corporate & Government Affairs
One PPG Place, 36th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15272
T: (412) 434-2540
Production Interns will assist the Director of Production, Technical Director, and Stage Manager with all aspects of each production.
Production interns will gain experience by:
- working at the load-in, strike, and load-out of the production
- assisting the Director of Production in building the scenery and seating
- assisting the Stage Manager during rehearsals and run of show
- helping with the setup of sound and lighting equipment
- working with House Management during the run of the show
- Strong desire to learn about theatre in a unique environment
- Reliable transportation to and from production site
- Strong carpentry skills are a plus
Dates and Time/Requirements:
- Interns generally work approximately 20 hours/week
- Dates may be flexible for those with school or other conflicts
- Hours can also be flexible except during the performance dates
This is an unpaid internship. College credit can be arranged. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume or description of experience to email@example.com
Company Description: Quantum Theatre is a company supporting progressive, professional artists dedicated to producing intimate and sophisticated theatrical experiences in uncommon settings, exploring universal themes of truth, beauty, and human relationships in unexpected ways.
Arts Administration interns will work with the Managing Director and the Director of Operations to assist with fundraising, house management and general office duties.
Arts Administration Interns gain experience by:
- assisting with fundraising activities, including research, donor stewardship and special events
- performing database maintenance and other general office duties
- assisting with ticket sales with our in house box office
- working with house management during the run of shows
- cultivating patron/donor relationships with one on one communications
- special projects will also be assigned based on the specific skills of the intern and Quantum’s needs during a particular season
Successful candidates are highly motivated and organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills. Interns generally work approximately 20 hours per week, and some evening/weekend work will be required. This is an unpaid internship. College credit can be arranged.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume or description of experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Description Mission: Quantum Theatre is a company supporting progressive, professional artists dedicated to producing intimate and sophisticated theatrical experiences in uncommon settings, exploring universal themes of truth, beauty, and human relationships in unexpected ways.
The Senator John Heinz History Center is currently seeking creative, motivated and outgoing applicants for its summer 2015 internship in the museum’s Communications Department.
Qualified applicants should be in their sophomore, junior or senior years and pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field. Specific interest in history and prior internship experience is a plus.
Description of duties
Interns will be exposed to a variety of marketing communications experiences in a diverse, upbeat museum atmosphere.
Interns will work directly with the Communications Department to assist with various duties, including but not limited to media list development; media relations, professional writing, brochure design and development, event planning, media monitoring and clipping, website management, and proactive idea development.
The interns will work closely to promote existing exhibits inside the History Center, Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village, and the Fort Pitt Museum through a variety of public relations, advertising and marketing tactics.
Interns will be expected to work a minimum of 20-25 hours per week.
The internship is unpaid and for credit only.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to:
Senior Communications Manager
Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
**Deadline to apply for the Summer 2015 is Friday, March 6, 2015 (If you are seeing this past 2015, check for the new deadline)