Home » Education
Category Archives: Education
The Institute for Research, Education and Training (IRETA) seeks a digital media specialist intern to expand our organization’s online presence and maintain fresh online content. The paid year-long internship will be 20-30 hours/week and offer opportunities for hands-on nonprofit communications experience.
- Creating written/audio/visual website, e-newsletter, blog, and social media content
- Designing and implementing innovative, successful strategies for online communications efforts
- Developing new web/social media features and interactivity, including audio/video components and Web 2.0 applications
- Analyzing and reporting on metrics of online communications efforts
- Potential for contributing to online educational content
- A little bit of this, a little bit of that—we are a small organization so we all chip in on projects
The internship may lead to a longer term position at IRETA.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred in journalism, marketing, communications, PR, web design, human-computer interaction, or related field of study
- Experience with online marketing specifically for nonprofits
- Video editing skills
- Strong written and copy editing skills
- Experimentation. Desire to test out new social media tools and sites. Personally active on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, Reddit, and LinkedIn. Lots of ideas for how to make the world a better place using the power of social media.
- Knowledge of web design and experience creating website content. Experience with Drupal a plus.
- Interest and/or connection to addiction treatment and recovery; enthusiasm to learn a variety of content areas.
- Detail-oriented, team-oriented approach.
- Ability to produce accurate results and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Design skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to submit writing samples. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Jessica Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org.