Home » Communications
Category Archives: Communications
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) located in South Park Township has an opening for a full time entry level communication specialist. The candidate must be a self starter, a team player, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
A bachelor’s degree in English or Communication is required. The position involves assisting the senior health communication specialists develop messaging, proofread and edit scientific manuscripts, prepare conference materials and a wide variety of other duties.
The salary for this position is $34,000. Candidates should submit their resume to Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org. See the attached flyer for more information!
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 200 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our 2016 Fall internship. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment at the company’s global headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh. You will have the opportunity to gain important experience in working with the team that oversees corporate reputation management activities and brand-building efforts, including internal and external communications, community affairs, advertising and marketing, and social media engagement.
The right candidate will be eager to expand their knowledge and skill set with hands-on experience working with an integrated group of professionals. This is a paid internship.
Under supervision of the Corporate and Government Affairs team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Preparing written materials (press releases, FAQ sheets, letters, memos, etc.)
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports
- Compiling media lists and distributing news releases
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Assist in production of events
- Helping with community engagement activities
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Comfortable talking on the phone with media, colleagues, community stakeholders, and vendors
- Familiarity with media database tools a plus, but not required
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume to:
Larry R. O’Reilly
Sr. Manager, Employee Communications
Corporate & Government Affairs
One PPG Place, 36th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15272
T: (412) 434-2540
Title: Public Relations Intern
Status: Internship (unpaid)
Reports: Reports to Director of Public Relations
Period: May 2016 – August 2016
The Public Relations Intern will assist Veterans Leadership Program’s (VLP) communication efforts with the goal to attract and retain new clients, donors and volunteers by increasing our media and online presence. For the past 34 years, Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania has been the premier nonprofit organization that provides housing and employment services to local veterans living in the 18-county region. The Public Relations Intern will receive valuable work experience to add to his/her resume and portfolio.
For more information please see: http://www.vlpwpa.org/printern/