KinetiGear LLC (dba BoXZY) is the startup developer of BoXZY, the Rapid-Change FabLab. BoXZY provides users, ranging from novice hobbyist to seasoned professional, with three powerful functions in a single tool of industrial-grade strength. BoXZY utilizes interchangeable attachment heads to rapidly transform into three different machines: CNC Mill, 3D Printer and Laser Engraver, with enhanced precision & power. BoXZY is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
As a BoXZY intern, you will experience the day-to-day at a fast-paced, innovative startup. You will be expected to work hard, present yourself professionally, and to complete training assignments in a timely manner. You’ll work closely with our dynamic team to develop your professional skills and to learn to solve problems with creativity and communication. This internship is located on-site at BoXZY’s TechShop office in Pittsburgh’s Bakery Square and at its production facility at 7800 Susquehanna St. in Homewood. ($9/hour) and part-time
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Writing.
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
- Should be a “people person” who enjoys staying current and abreast of latest trends, especially relating to technology.
- Must be creative, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment.
- Learn and become comfortable with the BoXZY brand, and develop effective communication strategies around it.
- Utilize social media to build and engage with a community of fans/followers online by posting frequently across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram platforms.
- Create and manage social media content schedule.
- Create engaging content to accompany posts, including video content, images, relevant news and links, maker projects, etc.
- Assist with email campaigns, newsletter, and online promotions, as needed.
- Attend and assist with occasional special events, and create social media content for them.
- Research and analyze competitor social media strategy and digital marketing.
Questions can be directed to: