Fallingwater, the architectural masterwork designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, is seeking a digital multimedia intern for summer 2017 and potentially periodically throughout fall 2017 and spring 2018.
Description: This is a unique opportunity to work at a world-renowned architectural site, putting your training into practice, enhancing your skills and building experience in the field of public relations and digital communications. The intern will work to support the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy’s Communications Department in the area of digital communications for Fallingwater’s website, social media and other electronic platforms.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Supporting content management of Fallingwater’s web presence, including taking photographs, recording video and audio, writing content for website and social media, and development of graphics for website and social media.
- Helping to optimize website images in WordPress.
- Supporting current social media platforms at Fallingwater.
- Developing a social media campaign for Fallingwater which will include strategies and objectives to attract, engage and evaluate new and current audiences.
- Going on assignments for photography and video shoots as necessary.
- Becoming familiar with the WPC and Fallingwater missions and brainstorm content ideas for new videos, podcasts and other multimedia projects.
Qualifications: We are looking for a qualified student with progress toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public relations, design, media arts, marketing or a related field. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and provide examples of written and digital work.
Position Duration: Summer 2017. The intern will be expected to work during normal business hours (typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), 30-40 hours per week. There is potential to expand the responsibilities on an as-needed basis through spring 2018.
Location: Fallingwater is located in rural Mill Run, Pennsylvania (zip code 15464), and is approximately 90 miles southeast from the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Having a motor vehicle is strongly recommended as there are no stores or amenities within walking distance of onsite housing.
Pay: This is an hourly paid internship that includes free onsite shared housing. Interns are required to provide their own food, linens, laundry supplies and toiletries.
Application Process: To apply, email cover letter, resume, two letters of reference and at least two work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Digital Multimedia Internship in the subject line. Application deadline is May 5, 2017.