WYEP and WESA Multimedia Internships
Follow the link to the WESA internship opportunity:
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 200 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our 2016 Fall internship. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment at the company’s global headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh. You will have the opportunity to gain important experience in working with the team that oversees corporate reputation management activities and brand-building efforts, including internal and external communications, community affairs, advertising and marketing, and social media engagement.
The right candidate will be eager to expand their knowledge and skill set with hands-on experience working with an integrated group of professionals. This is a paid internship.
Under supervision of the Corporate and Government Affairs team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Preparing written materials (press releases, FAQ sheets, letters, memos, etc.)
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports
- Compiling media lists and distributing news releases
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Assist in production of events
- Helping with community engagement activities
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with and understanding of best practices for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms
- Comfortable talking on the phone with media, colleagues, community stakeholders, and vendors
- Familiarity with media database tools a plus, but not required
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please send resume to:
Larry R. O’Reilly
Sr. Manager, Employee Communications
Corporate & Government Affairs
One PPG Place, 36th Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15272
T: (412) 434-2540
Publications/Public Relations Intern (for credit or tuition remission)
Pitt’s Global Studies Center (GSC) seeks an intern (graduate or undergraduate), for the fall semester (fall 2017), who will help with the various publicity, publications, and social/digital media produced by the Center. The intern will have the opportunity to create social media posts, write and edit public relations copy, and produce digital and hard-copy publicity materials for a variety of events, all with an international and educational focus. As the GSC intern, the student will also attend innovative events to gather content and interview people for articles, which will be featured in GSC publications.
The internship position will require excellent written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on writing in a consistent voice and tone reflective of GSC’s mission, to better promote and bring awareness to our multi-faceted goals. Interns will also be required to have knowledge of creating online content for social media and websites, along with an understanding of how to write public relations copy for a variety of audiences and purposes and to design eye catching and innovative fliers. Ideally, the GSC intern will also have a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign and SEO (search engine optimization), though these skills are not required. The internship will require 10-15 hours per week and students can earn 3 credits if they take the corresponding internship course or they can receive tuition remission.
Students are requested to go to http://www.ucis.pitt.edu/global/content/global-studies-student-ambassador-fellowship-and-gsc-internships to submit an application. (Please note the deadline has been postponed) and they should send links of their work or copies of flier created to Elaine Linn at email@example.com
Fallingwater, the architectural masterwork designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, is seeking a digital multimedia intern for summer 2017 and potentially periodically throughout fall 2017 and spring 2018.
Description: This is a unique opportunity to work at a world-renowned architectural site, putting your training into practice, enhancing your skills and building experience in the field of public relations and digital communications. The intern will work to support the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy’s Communications Department in the area of digital communications for Fallingwater’s website, social media and other electronic platforms.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Supporting content management of Fallingwater’s web presence, including taking photographs, recording video and audio, writing content for website and social media, and development of graphics for website and social media.
- Helping to optimize website images in WordPress.
- Supporting current social media platforms at Fallingwater.
- Developing a social media campaign for Fallingwater which will include strategies and objectives to attract, engage and evaluate new and current audiences.
- Going on assignments for photography and video shoots as necessary.
- Becoming familiar with the WPC and Fallingwater missions and brainstorm content ideas for new videos, podcasts and other multimedia projects.
Qualifications: We are looking for a qualified student with progress toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public relations, design, media arts, marketing or a related field. Qualified candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and provide examples of written and digital work.
Position Duration: Summer 2017. The intern will be expected to work during normal business hours (typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), 30-40 hours per week. There is potential to expand the responsibilities on an as-needed basis through spring 2018.
Location: Fallingwater is located in rural Mill Run, Pennsylvania (zip code 15464), and is approximately 90 miles southeast from the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Having a motor vehicle is strongly recommended as there are no stores or amenities within walking distance of onsite housing.
Pay: This is an hourly paid internship that includes free onsite shared housing. Interns are required to provide their own food, linens, laundry supplies and toiletries.
Application Process: To apply, email cover letter, resume, two letters of reference and at least two work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Digital Multimedia Internship in the subject line. Application deadline is May 5, 2017.